Python developer experienced in Web development, particularly in the Django Framework. Must have database experience
We are looking for an experienced Python developer, who has experience in the Django framework. Engineer must have experience in databases, particularly PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
This would be a backend developer.
1) Experienced in Python
2) Experienced in Web development, particularly Django framework
3) Worked extensively with GIT
4) Database experience, particularly PostgreSQL and MongoDB (or the equivalents)
1) Work on backend architecture on SocialPlex.com
2) Implementation of API's (such as Twitter API, Credit Card API) depending on section they are developing
3) Optimize database and find new technologies to increase speed and accuracy of search results based on machine learning algorithms
30% research of new technologies
We are a start-up with a released product, about to go into our first investment round soon. Having a strong product team, UI/UX team, and a clear vision means being part of an early tech company that knows where it is going, has a released product, and can quickly experience product usage and investor rounds.
Reports to project manager and lead product designer.
4 - 6
We have a large office location in Berkeley, CA right next to the Berkeley campus.
It is casual attire, and tons of food and snacks and coffee in the office for the employees.
We have a large marketing staff that will be pushing the product forward.
Sometimes we have team building excercises, where we play video games together to build team spirit (engineers versus non-engineers, etc.)
We are a social "discovery" website. Users can find everything that is happening around them based on their interests -- from events, organizations and even matching people.